Sculptra® Aesthetics is a long lasting, collagen stimulating filler that works gradually to reshape and contour the face, promoting a natural, younger, and more vibrant appearance. A series of treatments are performed over a few months with results lasting about 2 years or longer.
As we age, we lose fat, muscle, and bone in our face. The overlying skin then begins to sag causing folds and furrows. Sculptra works entirely by stimulating collagen production in the treated areas. It is injected into hollowed areas to create volume and into deep skin layers to firm up the skin and correct wrinkles.
Sculptra is made of poly-L-lactic acid, a very safe and biodegradable FDA approved compound that has been used in a wide range of medical devices, including dissolvable sutures, for more than 30 years. It has been safely used for facial augmentation in over 150,000 patients in over 30 countries since 1999.
Dr. Futoryan serves as a physcian trainer, educating other board certified physicians on safe and effective injection techniques with Sculptra. She has been trained by internationallty acclaimed injectors and has used the product extensively in her private practice.
What to expect:
- This procedure requires injections into the muscles of the specific area treated for lines/wrinkles
- The procedure takes only a few minutes
- There is no downtime after the procedure as you may resume to your normal activities
- The results can take up to 2 weeks to fully activate
- A follow-up appointment is required at 2 weeks to ensure that you have the optimal result
- No charge or fee at the two week visit if a touch-up is needed
- Results last 3 months. Repeating BOTOX® treatments every 3 months will soften lines to their fullest