Botulinum Toxins Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport
Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport are FDA-approved neuromodulators used for moderate to severe wrinkles. Although they are most commonly used for treatment of the upper face, there are many additional areas of the face and neck that may benefit from their use. Neuromodulators cause relaxation of facial muscles. The products work by blocking the communication between nerve endings and their surrounding muscles. The product is injected into specific regions to treat overactive muscles that cause wrinkles with facial animation. The effects are temporary and repeat treatments are necessary periodically to maintain the softening of facial furrows and creases.
Why Choose BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- Remove lines around the eyes: The fine lines around your eyes are often referred to as “Crow’s feet”. A treatment can help relax the muscles associated with these fine line wrinkles and give you younger, fresher looking eyes.
- Remove Frown Lines: Everyone has them but as we grow older the parallel creases between your eyebrows become more prominent. These lines are commonly referred to as “11 lines”. BOTOX® Cosmetic can soften these lines so you do not look “angry” and take years off of your face.
- Remove Forehead Wrinkles: Our forehead is one of the first places Mother Nature begins to show her influence with horizontal lines across the forehead. If you are looking to smooth the signs of aging from your forehead, BOTOX® Cosmetic may be for you!
Many areas can be treated with Botox and Dysport such as crows feet (around the eyes), chin, forehead, glabella (some people refer to this area as the 11’s between the brows), neck, and lines on the nose called “bunny lines”.
What to Expect?
- The injections take just a few minutes to perform in our office. The process uses a very fine needle to administer the medication, so patients do not typically experience much significant discomfort.
- There is no downtime after the procedure. You may resume your normal daily activity.
- Occasionally a patient may experience some mild swelling or bruising around the injection sites, but these side effects typically subside within a matter of hours.
- The results can take 7-14 days to fully activate.
- A follow-up appointment is required after 2 weeks of the procedure, to ensure you have obtained optimal results.
- There will be no charges or fees at the two-week visit if a touch up is needed.
- Results will last for 3 months. Repeating botox treatments every 3 months will soften lines to their fullest.