Botulinum Toxins Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport
Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport are FDA-approved neuromodulators used for moderate to severe wrinkles. Although they are most commonly used for treatment of the upper face, there are many additional areas of the face and neck that may benefit from their use. Neuromodulators cause relaxation of facial muscles. The products work by blocking the communication between nerve endings and their surrounding muscles. The product is injected into specific regions to treat overactive muscles that cause wrinkles with facial animation. The effects are temporary and repeat treatments are necessary periodically to maintain the softening of facial furrows and creases.
Many areas can be treated with Botox® Cosmetic and Dysport such as crows feet, chin, forehead, glabella (some people refer to this area as the 11’s between the brows) lips, neck, and lines on the nose.
What to Expect?
- This procedure requires injections into the muscles of the specific area treated for lines/wrinkles.
- The procedure takes only a few minutes.
- There is no downtime after the procedure. You may resume your normal daily activity.
- The results can take up to 2 weeks to fully activate.
- A follow-up appointment is required after 2 weeks of the procedure, to ensure you have obtained optimal results.
- There will be no charges or fees at the two-week visit if a touch up is needed.
- Results will last for 3 months. Repeating botox treatments every 3 months will soften lines to their fullest.