The Art & Science
We use an innovative approach to inject BOTOX®, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau which allows us to achieve an aesthetically desirable balance between positive and negative muscle groups producing a more relaxed and happier appearing face. Doing away with wrinkles which produce the frown and fine lines around the eye (crows feet), lifting skin around the eye and shaping the brow, as well as smoothing out forehead lines.
Lower facial muscle groups can be balanced too. Schedule a consultations with Dr. Futoryan to learn about how to achieve the most desirable result.
What are Botox, Dysport, and Jeuveau Used For?
Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport, and Jeuveau are FDA-approved neuromodulators used for moderate to severe wrinkles. Although they are most commonly used for treatment of the upper face, there are many additional areas of the face and neck that may benefit from their use. Neuromodulators cause relaxation of facial muscles. The products work by blocking the communication between nerve endings and their surrounding muscles. The product is injected into specific regions to treat overactive muscles that cause wrinkles with facial animation. The effects are temporary and repeat treatments are necessary periodically to maintain the softening of facial furrows and creases.
BOTOX® Before & After Photos
What are the benefits of BOTOX® Cosmetic?
- Improve lines around the eyes: The fine lines around your eyes are often referred to as “Crow’s feet”. A treatment can help relax the muscles associated with these fine line wrinkles and give you younger, fresher looking eyes.
- Improve Frown Lines: Everyone has them but as we grow older the parallel creases between your eyebrows become more prominent. These lines are commonly referred to as “11 lines”. BOTOX® Cosmetic can soften these lines so you do not look “angry” and take years off of your face.
- Improve Forehead Wrinkles: Our forehead is one of the first places Mother Nature begins to show her influence with horizontal lines across the forehead. If you are looking to smooth the signs of aging from your forehead, BOTOX® Cosmetic may be for you!
- Minimal downtime – Quick, 10 minute treatment that is easy to fit in your schedule.
- Feels like a pinch – Ice or a topical numbing cream will be used to enhance comfort.
- Real noticeable results – You may see results within 24-48 hours after treatment.
Many areas can be treated with Botox® and Dysport such as crows feet (around the eyes), chin, forehead, glabella (some people refer to this area as the 11’s between the brows), neck, and lines on the nose called “bunny lines”.
What to expect with
Botox® Treatment at Westport Dermatology
- The experience is quick and easy! The injections take just a few minutes to perform in our office. Dr. Futoryan uses a very fine needle to administer the medication, so patients do not typically experience much significant discomfort.
- There is no downtime after the procedure. You may resume your normal daily activity.
- Occasionally a patient may experience some mild swelling or bruising around the injection sites, but these side effects typically subside within a matter of hours
How Much BOTOX® Will I Need?
This depends on what areas need the Botox® and how deep the wrinkles are. During your consultation with Dr. Futoryan, she will determine the proper number of units needed for your desired results.
What Results Can I Expect from Botox & Dysport?
- The results can take 7-14 days to fully activate, but you can start seeing changes in just a few days! After about 10 days, you can see it level out.
- A follow-up appointment is required after 2 weeks of the procedure, to ensure you have obtained optimal results.
- There will be no charges or fees at the two-week visit if a touch up is needed.
- Results will last for 3 months. Repeating botox treatments every 3 months will soften lines to their fullest.
- Dr. Futoryan has all of her patients return in 2 weeks to make sure they have optimal results or if they need a touch-up.