Restylane, Restylane Lyft, Juvéderm/Voluma®
Over the past ten years, an impressive variety of FDA approved soft tissue fillers have become available for patient use. These soft tissue fillers have great longevity and do not require skin testing. The treatment procedures are minimally invasive and are very safe when performed by a properly trained dermatologist.
Soft tissue fillers available today can fill in facial lines and wrinkles. They can re-contour, rejuvenate, volumize, and restore an aging face. In the hands of a skilled dermatologist, a more symmetrical and better proportioned face can be created which leads to a more youthful appearance. A naturally beautiful result can be achieved without distortion or enlargement of any of the facial features.
These filling agents are made from hyaluronic acid, a basic building block of the skin’s dermal layer. The results are instant. In addition to this instant improvement, the hyaluronic acid stimulates fibroblasts, the cells that produce collagen. Hyaluronic acid fillers help reverse the aging process by stimulating collagen production. For this reason, they are truly anti-aging. The areas we treat include smile lines (nasolabial folds), marionette lines, and vertical lines around the mouth. We can also rejuvenate or augment aging lips, fill in the undereye hollows, and improve dark circles.
Radiesse™ is a synthetic injectable filler that reduces wrinkles, creases, and scars by augmenting the body’s natural collagen supply. Composed of microspheres in a biocompatible gel, Radiesse is made from the same minerals found in our bones so it carries little risk of allergic reaction. Radiesse can be used on many areas of the body including the lips, nasolabial folds, peri-oral lines, depressed scars, and oral commissures.
Treatments typically take 15 minutes and require only local anesthetic. Side effects such as swelling or bruising are minimal and should fade within a few days. Results are visible immediately after the injection and can last for months or years, although the procedure can be repeated as often as you wish. After a thorough consultation, we would recommend the following fillers alone or in combination.
What to Expect?
- Treatments typically take 15 minutes
- Sensitive areas (such as lips) may require local anesthetic
- Side effects such as swelling/bruising
- Immediate results after the procedure
- Results may vary but these fillers last typically 9 months to 1 year
- Procedure can be repeated as often as you wish within the 9 months to 1 year time frame
Is there downtime after having fillers?
- Swelling and bruising can be minimal and should fade within a few days
- Applying ice to swelling areas may be helpful
- After the procedure you may resume to your normal daily activity
- The beauty of hyaluronic acid fillers is that they are reversible by the doctor if you are unhappy with the results. An enzyme can be injected into the skin where the HA was placed and within a few days the product has dissolved