Sculptra® Aesthetic is a long lasting, collagen stimulating filler that works gradually to reshape and contour the face, promoting a natural, younger, and more vibrant appearance. A series of treatments are performed over a few months with results lasting about 2 years or longer.
As we age, we lose fat, muscle, and bone in our face. The overlying skin then begins to sag causing folds and furrows. Sculptra works entirely by stimulating collagen production in the treated areas. It is injected into hollowed areas to create volume and into deep skin layers to firm up the skin and correct wrinkles.
Sculptra is made of poly-L-lactic acid, a very safe and biodegradable FDA approved compound that has been used in a wide range of medical devices, including dissolvable sutures, for more than 30 years. It has been safely used for facial augmentation in over 150,000 patients in over 30 countries since 1999.
Dr. Futoryan serves as a physician trainer, educating other board certified physicians on safe and effective injection techniques with Sculptra. She has been trained by internationally acclaimed injectors and has used the product extensively in her private practice.
What to Expect
- Treatments typically take approx 45 minutes. The doctor continuously lets the patient take a ‘look’ at the results after each area is treated to ensure that their expectations have been exceeded.
- The doctor and her staff will massage the treated areas after the treatment.
- The patient may leave the office feeling sore with minimal bruising if any.
- Feeling quite sore over the next few days is normal. Tylenol can be taken to ease the soreness.
- Minimal bruising may occur
- Instructions are given at the time of your treatment for massaging the treated areas at home. We ask that you massage 5x a day, for 5 days, for 5 minutes.
- On the day of your procedure, you may resume your normal daily activity. You may work-out as long as you feel up to it.
- There will be a 2-week follow-up appointment after the procedure has taken place.