What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a common, acne-like condition that causes redness and pimples on the face. Although rosacea can occur in anyone, it most commonly affects middle-aged women who have fair skin.
Left untreated, rosacea tends to worsen over time. Rosacea signs and symptoms may flare up for a period of weeks to months and then diminish before flaring up again. Rosacea can be mistaken for acne, an allergic reaction or other skin problems.
What Are My Treatment Options?
While there’s no cure for rosacea, treatments can control and reduce the signs and symptoms. If you experience persistent redness of your face, see your doctor for a diagnosis and proper treatment.
Signs and symptoms:
- Flushing and redness of the face
- Broken blood vessels (spider veins/ capillaries)
- Burning and sensitive skin
- Ocular symptoms (irritated or
- Treatments include topical and oral medications, as well as laser therapy