Acne is the term for blocked pores (blackheads and whiteheads), pimples, and deeper lumps (cysts or nodules) that can appear typically on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders, and upper arms. 17 million Americans currently have acne, making it the most common skin condition in the country. Both teenagers and adults can get acne and left untreated acne can cause physical disfigurement (scarring) and emotional distress. At Westport Dermatology and Laser Center we offer an interdisciplinary approach to treating acne. Dr. Futoryan, our PA Christina and our Laser Nurses work together with our patients to create unique treatment plans based on the patients age, skin type and lifestyle based on the severity of their acne. These treatments may include the latest topical and/or oral prescription medications, a personalized skin care regimen and laser or light treatments. All of our laser and light treatments for acne are safe and effective with little to no discomfort and down time.
Various Laser and Light Treatments for acne offered are:
- Blue Light – This is a treatment for acne that is effective in treating mild to moderate acne by destroying the acne causing bacteria.
- IPL – Intense Pulse Light Treatments target pigmentation within the acne causing bacteria. It also helps reduce the pink or reddened appearance of active acne lesions.
- Laser Genesis – This is a treatment of choice for acne scarring and active acne alike. Laser Genesis promotes the formation of new collagen to improve scarring as well as reduces redness on the areas of new acne lesions.
Various Laser and light treatments for Acne
- Blue light
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
- Laser Genesis
- PDT (Photodynamic Therapy)
We partner with our patients to create a unique treatment plan.